Friday, July 1, 2011

RICA, No job, home, bank account and now no phone.

So I am not allowed a job in South Africa because I am a white man. This unfortunately leaves me pretty much homeless since I can not afford accommodation without a job. I am not allowed a bank account because I have no fixed address. And today my mobile phone was disconnected because I have no address. What does 'human right' mean? Where do we draw the line between personal private and herd? What comes next? Legal secrecy from government is being drafted as we speak. So they must know everything about me and I am allowed to know nothing about them. Perhaps not having a job, money and address disqualifies me from the human race?

The South African law like so many other places is a construct to widen the gap between rich and poor. Apparently the rich are safer with the poor further away.

And all I can do about it is to tell you about my interesting fate. Perhaps I should try to get to know these criminals myself. The argument for RICA is that they can use it to protect people from criminals by intercepting the calls. So big brother will now record all calls and process it electronically looking for certain patterns and probably arrest you before you can commit your crime. Do you feel safe now? Privacy is really over rated isn't it. Why don't we just broadcast everyone's calls? Most of our parliament members have been involved in some crime or other. So they are passing a law to protect other South Africans from themselves. Ha, ha, ha and they are doing the protecting. And most South Africans believe them! They condone it by participating! Just so they can keep on using their phones.

Do they realise the extent of their problem? That you may be fined up to R2 000 000 if your phone is stolen and they don't believe your reason for delay until reporting it. Failing that you may end up in prison for up to 10 years. You may also incur these penalties if you upgrade your phone!

Human beings, do you believe in the LAW? Have you lost it completely? It is an oppressive force abused by bullies and we desperately need a better way of dealing with our group to individual interaction. Give me a break please.

I am hanging on to idealism with teeth and nails hoping and praying that there is a human person somewhere in the other side. With a mind and heart. May I have the airtime that was on that balance returned to me please. I will need it in cash of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)