Thursday, May 19, 2011

Zini Music & Food Festival 2011 Wrap-up

Thank you Nicki & Brendan Bristow for generously sponsoring such a fabulous jol. And thank you for making me an accomplice in such a wonderful endeavour.
Emma did a fantastic job of getting great talent to the party and she obviously has a natural talent for this kind of thing. If anyone needs a go getter, who will help make an awesome gig happen, Emma is your girl. Her contributions were invaluable.

Unfortunately for myself, I was engaged at the gate or in the car driving around for this or that and missed out on most of it. That said, I was lucky enough to see The Meditators and The Otherwise live on stage and they were great! I hope to see more of them in the future. Right at the end I had Blind Sunrise almost all to myself and they did very well in the absence of an audience. Great spirit guys! From the feedback I have been getting from everyone else who were there, all the artists outdid themselves.
And then finally a special thank you to the DJs for mixing us into the morning hours with strange and psychadelic tunes. Hopefully there is more of a level dance floor at the next one.

I hear the food was great and vegetarian curry came out top as the most popular food. I woke up on Monday morning and my hangover would still not allow me to eat. I blame that hangover for only posting now.

What a party guys! Let's do it again. Dear world, I do not think it is reasonable of us to expect the Bristows to sponsor so much from their pockets. If anyone out there is looking for an exceptional event to sponsor, this is the one. It would be a great shame to shrink a wonderful line-up like this.

Photos speak louder than words. On facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150184709582462.307737.574187461&l=cfc04823d6
Justin Barker did these awesome pics:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150253759386071.373424.705026070

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)